[cr-india] EMMC to monitor private radio

ram bhat ram at maraa.in
Mon Jun 17 01:22:46 CDT 2013

Even if community radio stations could be monitored real time in the future,
it seems to me that the government is not willing to permit broadcast of
news and current affairs.

The concerns of the Ministry seem to stem from the 'reasonable'
restrictions under 19(2) but there is simply not enough justification to
invoke these restrictions. We should make a stronger case to link news and
19(1)

Ram